MY TOP 5 DISNEY FILMS


Long time no speak guys! I'm sorry for being AWOL these past few weeks but life, as usual, got in the way and I put my blog on the back burner. I have however been writing blog posts on the sly so I have a few stocked up and ready to publish. I decided I didn't want to post a beauty related post today so I've decided to go in a more "get to know me" direction! 

Any of you who know me on my social media platforms will know that i'm a huge Disney fan. Although I don't, and don't have any plans to run a Disney-themed blog, I still feel like I need more "me" on my blog and what better way than to tell you all my top 5 favourite Disney films.

5. ALICE IN WONDERLAND
Now when I say Top 5, this is solely focusing on the Classics, there's no way I could narrow down the entire list of ALL Disney films down to 5. Anyways, This one was probably the hardest to pick. i thought about doing a top 10, but that would soon spiral into a complete run down of the entirety of the Disney Classic collections. If you're interested in knowing what almost made the cut, leave a comment below! So I would have to say that Alice In Wonderland is my 5th favourite. I'm a massive fan of the books and anything else inspired by them is always going to be a winner to me. As a child I was fascinated by the fact that I was not the only one with an eccentric imagination and dreaming of a world of flowers that serenade you and cryptic caterpillars probably did more to influence my creativity than any other film out there.

4.THE ARISTOCATS
Okay now I admit it took me far longer than i wish to say to realise that this was a play on word for Aristocrats... And when I was younger I apparently use to call this "The Atmacats" so of course I have fond memories of this film. O'Malley was such a sweetheart the way he looked after those beautiful kittens. I always hoped that they would be one big happy family after the Duchess took them in.

3. HERCULES
Anyone who says that they don't like Hercules is lying to you. On a Greek Mythology level, yes it's definitely not the most accurate film adaption but James Woods' version of Hades and The Muses definitely make up for that. I watch this film so, so much and it's probably one of mine and Ryan's favourite films to sing along to. I wouldn't want to say I know the entire film off by heart, but i'm pretty darn close.

2. ZOOTROPOLIS
Anyone who knows me outside of this blog will be sick to death of me mentioning this film. I am obsessed. OBSESSED! I still watch this film at least 3 times a week right now, and the week it came out I was watching it twice a day. For starters, this film has my 3 favourite things. A) BUNNIES! Who doesn't love bunnies? Nuff said. B) Talking animals. Talking animals who pretend to be humans is something that will always tickle me. C) Life lessons. I'm a big fan of "kid" targeted films that are trying to entwine important life lessons into the films plot line. This film really teaches you that you can be whatever you want to be, whoever you are, wherever you are. And that is something I wish everybody in the world knew.

1. THE LITTLE MERMAID
Every Disney fan has a favourite Princess. Mine was always going to be Ariel as I'm a tad mermaid obsessed. Always have been, always will be. From the first time I saw Splash and attempted my own salt-water bath I knew that being a mermaid was my calling in life. (I'm only half joking guys) And so when I saw this film for the first time, the obsession grew and grew. I could write an entire piece on this film... It has helped me through many a dark day, illnesses, getting me to sleep and days where I just want to embrace my inner mermaid.  Something about Ariel going through anything to be with her true love really speaks to me, if a relationship is worth fighting for you put yourself through and and all obstacles you face.

So there you have it, I hope you've all enjoyed this and feel like you know me a little bit more after this. What's your favourite Disney film? Let me know! Untill next time...

XO

Follow

No comments