LUSH FESTIVE HAUL PT 2 | BLOGMAS DAY 6


I have adored working at Lush this Christmas because the products have been absolutely phenomenal! The colours, the smells, the products themselves! There have been so many of their products that i'm in l-o-v-e with, I really don't know how I'm going to cope when they disappear So if you haven't set foot in a Lush store this year then don't worry I've got you covered!



So first up is the soaps. Yes i know, most people find the soaps quite boring. But when you think about the packaging materials that you're savings costs (and waste) on, plus the super fancy shapes they come in they soon have an appeal I can't shake. My favourite has to be Snow Castle, its' creamy almond infused base brings back comforting memories of baking with marzipan as a child. It's also been created with an adorable castle shaped mould that features as a mini version in a few of the gifts! 


Igloo, is another beautifully created piece of soap that smells vividly of lemon and rose, combining the delicate floral with the sharp sweetness of the lemon makes this a great Monday morning wash! If you're a citrus fan you'll want to catch a whiff of the gorgeous Shooting Stars soap, which has a slightly more zesty smell combining lime, lemon and bergamot oils to create a cheery and uplifting scent. Santa's postbox is another citrus filled soap but with an edgy, almost smoky, after scent. Fresh satsuma juice and mandarin oil make this a refreshing soap but there must be something in the secret ingredient but it really smells like cloves in there to me!



Jellies! I was a little bummed that they didn't bring back the Nightwing shower jelly for Halloween this year, but these 2 always make up for it! Snowman has an enchanting but delicate smell of lemon oil and something I can't quite place my finger on! That something is Carrot oil and some of you eager-eyed Lush fans may recognise this smell from the Easter range... Similarly, Santa's Belly shower jelly shares the same unique and fresh scent as the beautiful So White bath bomb. A fab way to wake up on a dreary Monday morning! This year Lush threw a curve-ball into the facial section this period with a Facial Jelly! Yes, you read that right: a facial jelly. And you use it exactly how you might expect. In the shape of a Santa's beard, dampen with a little water and rub all over your face! This peculiar little guy works to soften, mattify and tone the skin.


Speaking of skincare, one of my favourite products this year has got to be the return of the wonderfully festive, Bûche dé Noël. Modelled on the festive treat otherwise known as a Yule Log, this little beauty really is pure decadence. Chock full of moisturising Fair Trade and organic cocoa butter and freshly ground almond, this gem gently buffs away dry, winter skin. Using a combination of brandy (alcohol free also available), mandarin and dried cranberries to brighten and tone this facial cleanser really covers everything you need to treat your skin this time of year.


Lip Scrubs have to be one of the most popular products Lush sells and this year is no exception. Unfortunately the Santa Baby scrub isn't vegan however Sugar Plum Fairy, is! And it tastes of blackcurrant jelly- delicious!


Lush have really outdone themselves in the body care section this year, and I couldn't pick a favourite out of these 2 products if I tried. Snow Fairy Body Conditioner is everything I could want from Lush. Snow Fairy has and always will be my favourite scent that Lush sell, and now we finally have this in an IN-SHOWER MOISTURISER!!!! Mango butter, avocado butter AND glorious cocoa butter, what more could you ask for? I've been using this in and out of the shower and it leaves my skin silky soft and smelling like candyfloss and bubblegum.


Any Twilight fans here? No, no, not the book franchise; I mean the fantastic invention that is the Twilight bath bomb. If so, you'll be eager to know that this lotion smells exactly the same. EXACTLY. I'm not a great sleeper at the best of times and this has helped a treat, bathing before bed always helps but the lavender and oatmeal infusion helps to soothe any irritations and calm my mind before bedtime. Seriously, don't let the Lavender put you off because it really will blow you away.


I'm a huge fan of all of Lush's shower products, and because of that I already have quite a huge collection of Snow Fairy shower gel and so, apart from gifts, I didn't see the need to buy anymore this year (yet...) I have however stocked up on the other options available. Rose Jam is a scent that I can never quite commit to. I love it at times, but then the delicate rose scent can sometimes clash with other scents I may want to wear so unfortunately I don't reach for it that often. But when I do, I fall in love all over again.


Bubbly. Oh bubbly. Does anyone remember the delightful lotion from last years range that was Celebrate? Well you're in for a treat as this beautiful blend of Sweet Wild Orange oil and Grape juice recreates that exact scent in a gorgeously rich and (would you believe) bubbly shower gel! It also contains carrageenan extract which explains why it is so rich in lather.

Oh oh oh! And if you're wondering, every single product in this range is self-preserving! That means no synthetic ingredients to stop it going mouldy which a humongous step in the right direction if you ask me. Let's hope every range from now on is also self preserving!

I hope you enjoyed this post, can you believe it's already the 6th December?! Make sure you head on down to your local Lush store while stocks last and have a try of some of these wonderful products, the creators really outdid themselves this year. And remember every day leading up to Christmas I'm posting something festive-themed! Be sure to check out my social media links and follow me on bloglovin' so you don't miss a thing! 
Merry Christmas!
XO

TWITTER
INSTAGRAM
SNAPCHAT - itsme_shenan
Follow

No comments