LUSH VEGAN WINTER SKINCARE ROUTINE | BLOGMAS DAY 8

When the colder nights begin to draw in, I feel like I'm never quite prepared for the day when my skin decides to become that much more dry, sensitive and downright annoying. I've learnt over the past few months that my skin is, in general, much more dry than I've always thought it was. So luckily I haven't been using too many stripping products in the lead up to winter and I feel like my skin is so grateful for it. The most important thing with skincare is always to up your water intake, you should never feel thirsty and if you are, you're already dehydrated. Other than that, the products you use on your skin will actually make a difference if you're using them right. 




I've been loving a combination of Lush's skincare this time of year, including the aptly named festive Bûche dé Noël. It really is as if you're feeding your face. With the finely ground almonds and kaolin clay, this little beaut does a divine job of gently buffing away the dry excess skin on your body and face. Whereas the satsumas and cranberries work to tone, refresh and brighten skin to give you that wintery glow.  All you need to do is work a small amount between your palms into a paste and then gently work onto the skin in light, circular motions. Then removing the product with the help of warm (not hot!!) water, and either a small face towel or a muslin cloth to help get those excess bits of seaweed off!

I always like to double cleanse as I feel my skin a) needs the moisture found in both of these products and b) I never truly feel cleansed with just the one. Lush's 9 to 5 cleanser has been my go-to product for most of the year now, as I've been slowly changing all my products to suit a vegan lifestyle. This cleanser has such a simple blend of ingredients to really soothe your skin and, although it doesn't seem like a heavy duty cleanser, it does a fantastic job at removing every trace of makeup!


I've always been a fan of toner waters, and although I like to keep all 3 of Lush's options on rotation, I seem to always reach for this one more and more often. Something about the gentle rose and lavender water combined makes this ideal for soothing down any sensitivities I may have and it always feels less harsh on my skin than say, a tea tree infused toner may.

I promise not everything I use is from Lush, but this is just what I seem to be reaching for more often than others. I do plan in the new year to try out more and more brands rather than simply relying on these, I like to break out of my skin-comfort zone. But the next item on my skincare routine has to be a lip-scrub. Now i know we all hate that feeling when you wake up and your lips look like they've been through a tumble dryer. It's so so easy to DIY your own lip-scrub but Lush seem to always make them that much better! I've been obsessed with Sugar Plum Fairy lip- scrub, and it tastes like blackcurrant jelly! Yum!

If I'm to be wearing makeup that day, I need my skin to have as much moisture as possible and this Barry m primer water has really grown on me. I don't have much experience with primer/setting sprays but I can't complain about this one. It's not amazing, but it does the job and settles onto the skin nicely without leaving me feeling suffocated. Again, in the new year I'm making it a mission to try more brands and new makeup avenues to see what else is out there, as I feel like my collection of all facial products is rather limited; Barry M & Lush being the main 2 occupants right now!

I'm in-between moisturisers at the moment and am keen to try *anything* you guys can think of. Preferably along the more natural route and obviously cruelty free and vegan. I've been through all of Lush's moisturisers and I can't seem to find one that I stay happy with for more than a month! So, please, any recommendations please let me know!

Have you tried any of these? If i could recommend one thing it would have to be the Buche dé Noël as it really is everything I look for in a cleanser. if you have combination/dry skin and like a subtle scrub in your cleanser routine then I definitely suggest popping into your local Lush and seeing what all the fuss is about! And remember every day leading up to Christmas I'm posting something festive-themed! Be sure to check out my social media links and follow me on bloglovin' so you don't miss a thing!
Merry Christmas!
XO


TWITTER
INSTAGRAM
SNAPCHAT - itsme_shenan
Follow

1 comment

  1. Bûche dé Noël is one of my favourites when it is released during the festive season and it goes perfectly with the Eau Roma Water too :) xx

    Yasmina | The July Journal

    ReplyDelete